"We booked a 6 hour private history and food tour and we had a wonderful experience! It was like being shown around Athens by a friend. We loved how our guide shared history, mythology, philosophy, and current cultural insight. The food was excellent. Highly recommend for a professional but fun tour."
- Samantha H, TripAdvisor
2. What you can expect
This guided tour of the highlights of Athens offers you a unique opportunity to discover the city's best sights and food culture. This experience embraces the philosophy of 'slow travel'. We slow down to enjoy the simple things Athens has to offer and be present to experience them with the locals. We walk and explore the city's alleys and culture with all of our senses.
Your expert, state-licensed guide will let you in the history (and less-known facts) of the Acropolis and the other landmarks but also share an authentic souvlaki and a Greek coffee, prepared in the traditional way, allowing you the time to experience Greek culture and customs.
History, mythology, culture and gastronomy come together in this 6-hour, unique guided tour of Athens' highlights to offer you an immersive and authentic experience.
Landmarks and places of interest
- Temple of Olympian Zeus, Arch of Hadrian
- Acropolis Hill (Parthenon, Erechtheion, Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike)
- Odeon of Herodes Atticus, Ancient Theatre of Dionysus
- Rock of Areopagus (Areopagus Hill)
- Roman Agora, Gate of Athena Archigetis, Tower of Winds
- Ancient Agora and Temple of Hephaestus
- Plaka, Anafiotika, Monastiraki and Psyri neighborhoods
- Dionysiou Areopagitou Street
- Athens Central Market (except on Sundays)
- Greek souvlaki (the best and most authentic in town)
- Greek coffee prepared in hovoli
- Traditional baklava
- 3 shots of liqueurs at the oldest distillery in town
- Samples from the food stalls in the Central Market (Greek olives, Pistachio of Aegina, Greek raisins, etc.) *except on Sundays or if the starting time is late in the afternoon
- Cold cuts and cheeses from all over Greece