Ancient Greek Meditation tour in Athens
Ancient Greek Meditation
& Vegan Brunch in Athens
Although most people connect Meditation to eastern religions and practices, meditation was a common practice in ancient Greece. The Greek word for meditation was ‘melete’, with Melete being one of the three original Greek Muses in Greek mythology. For ancient Greeks, meditation was the practical dimension of “know thyself”. Their technique aimed at awakening the Memory and achieving the dominance of the conscious mind over the unconscious.
HIGHLIGHTS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT PRACTICAL INFO
- "Tours may be many things, but rarely relaxing. This one is. Poliana’s tranquil, friendly vibe makes for a thoroughly lovely way to spend a morning in Athens and you’ll gain a deeper connection with the city than on a regular 'walk and listen' tour. While learning about ancient Athens and taking in historic sites, you’re also doing something good for yourself."
- Amanda D
- "I have been a dedicated meditation practitioner for years, and yet this was a truly unique experience for me. It was amazing to get a glimpse of how the ancient Greeks valued meditation and to actually practice it. Ancient mythology was weaved beautifully in this activity and our guide made us feel welcomed on this sacred land with a view to the Akropolis. Loved the healthy vegan brunch and the cutest place. Overall it felt like feeding the body, the mind and the soul."
- Ioanna M, TripAdvisor
- "A beautiful, authentic and unique experience for anyone who wants to start to explore western ancestral spiritual ways. Christina held a sacred space in the most divine and graceful manner."
- "This experience was highlight of my Greek adventure. Location, Polianas' storytelling skills and knowledge was astonishing. The best though was her meditation guide/ guru skills. I basically flayed away after 5 min :)) . Her gentle and spiritual energy really reflects on entire venture ! I can not imagine my stay in Athen being full without it!!! Not to mention about vegan cafe she brought me to on the end this is real rare find in Athens which is far behind global vegan trend!!!!"
- “Woow!!! una experiencia increible..senti la conexion mas profunda con la cultura griega! La meditation estuvo genial, la guia con su voz y tambor me hizo viajar en tiempos antiguos y dentro de mi tambien! Ademas el brunch vegano griego fue delicioso y tuvimos tiempo con la guia de platicar cosas super interesantes sobre grecia y nos dio tips para descubrir atenas como solo los locales saben! si pasan por atenas no lo pierdan!!!”
- Astarti P, TripAdvisor
2. What you can expect
After meeting with our local guide, a spiritually rooted teacher of meditation, you will walk on Filopappou Hill, also known as the Hill of the Muses. Positioned in a unique way, overlooking Athens and Acropolis, you will have the opportunity to marvel at the wondrous Parthenon and the sweet color of the Greek sun caressing its ancient white marble... Our local expert will guide you through a special journey of meditation following the ancient Greek practice!
Filled with the special energy of the place and the feeling of the morning breeze on your skin, you will then walk a short distance to a nice local brunch spot to satisfy your appetite with delicious Greek vegan food. There, you can discuss your experience with our local guide, share thoughts and feelings and let a wonderful day in the beautiful city of Athens begin!
3. Practical Info
||English, Español, Ελληνικά, Sign language (upon request)
April - October 8:30 am
(Flexible start time for the private tour)
||Up to 8 people
|Price per person:
|Good to know:
||Children younger than 14 years old can also join in a private tour
- Our local spiritually rooted teacher of meditation
- All materials necessary for the realization of the activities during this local experience
- All taxes
- Any food or drinks during brunch (you can freely choose depending on your appetite at the moment)
- Gratuities (optional)
The meeting point for this Athens local experience is the Acropolis Metro station. Detailed meeting information will be sent to you upon booking.