The Terms of Service contained herein govern the rights and obligations of the natural or legal persons (hereinafter referred to as “Participant”, “you” or “Participants”) wishing to purchase and participate in our guided tours, excursions, activities, workshops and other services (hereinafter referred to as “Experiences” or “Experience”) organised by the company with the corporate name “Greek TravelTellers EE” and the distinctive title “Greek TravelTellers (e-services)” (hereinafter referred to as “Greek TravelTellers”, “we”, “our” or “us”).
Before booking a place and purchasing a ticket for one of the Experiences, please make sure that you have carefully read and fully understood these Terms & Conditions. The purchase of a ticket for any of our Experiences means that you unconditionally accept the Terms & Conditions as well as the specific terms of the Experience contained in its itinerary. It should be noted that these Terms & Conditions are binding on both the Participants and any member of their families for whom the Participants are responsible and the members of the groups they represent.
2. The company
Greek TravelTellers is a licensed Online Travel Agency and is registered with the Registry of Tourist Enterprises under No 0261E70000703201. Greek TravelTellers organises and offers for sale Experiences to the Participants.
3. Experiences sold by Greek TravelTellers
All the information and details about the Experiences sold by Greek TravelTellers are described on the website greektraveltellers.com (hereinafter referred to as “Website”). The Experiences depend on conditions and factors beyond Greek TravelTellers’ control and they may, consequently, be modified at any time. In such a case, Greek TravelTellers shall use its best efforts to promptly inform the Participant in the most appropriate manner, i.e. through its website and other printed material, by email and/or telephone. Therefore, Participants are required to make available to the Greek TravelTellers their full contact details. Any changes, corrections and information relating to the Experiences shall become binding from the time they are published or otherwise communicated and shall be applicable to all Participants. Some of the provided non-private Experiences may also require a minimum number of participants in order to take place. Greek TravelTellers reserves the right to cancel an Experience at any given time, up to 24 hours before the schedule start and for any reason, including but not limited to, an insufficient number of participants. In the unlikely event that Greek TravelTellers needs to cancel an Experience for reasons other than force majeure, the Participants have the choice of either rebooking the Experience for another available date without any cost, or if rebooking is not an option, claiming a full refund.
4. Pricing and details
- All prices provided for non-private tours are on a per-person basis unless otherwise stated and include all local taxes.
- All prices provided for private tours are on a per-group basis (total number of travellers) unless otherwise stated and include all local taxes.
- Prices do not include gratuities (which are optional), personal expenses, entry fees in archaeological and/or historical sites and museums, or travel insurance unless otherwise stated. The cost of the above services shall be directly paid by the Participant, in addition to the price of the Experience, unless otherwise provided in the specific Experience itinerary. If in doubt whether something is included in the provided price for an Experience, please inquire before proceeding with booking and purchasing a ticket.
- It should be noted that, due to the various parameters affecting the determination of the price, which are beyond Greek TravelTellers’ control and for which Greek TravelTellers may not be held liable in any manner whatsoever, Greek TravelTellers may readjust the price and inform the Participant in any appropriate manner. Such changes may occur up to 20 days before the start date of the corresponding Experience.
- Greek TravelTellers reserves the right to add, amend, withdraw, substitute and/or vary advertised routes and departure times for any of its Experiences without notice. However, reasonable effort will be made to maintain arrangements as advertised.
5. Cancellation and refunds Policy
To organize and carry out the Experiences and to offer the proposed services, Greek TravelTellers pays in advance and beforehand considerable amounts of money and undertakes specific compensation obligations in the event of cancellations, either in whole or in part.
Greek TravelTellers allows for the eventuality that a Participant may need to change or cancel an agreed service. Cancellation requests must be submitted via email to and are not considered valid until a representative of Greek TravelTellers confirms receipt of the same in writing. The date on which the cancellation request is received by Greek TravelTellers will determine the cancellation fees applicable.
a. Changing the date of an Experience will incur no penalty, provided advanced notification is received in writing as per the following deadlines: For hourly Experiences and up to one-day Experiences at least 4 days (96 hours) prior to the scheduled Experience's starting time and providing other dates are available and the minimum number of participants is met in order for the Experience to take place. For multi-day experiences at least 14 days prior to the scheduled Experience's starting time and providing other dates are available and the minimum number of participants is met in order for the Experience to take place. Any change request received past the aforementioned deadlines will incur a rebooking fee.
b. In any other case, the following cancellation policy applies:
- Hourly Experiences and up to one-day Experiences
Until 4 days (96 hours) prior to the scheduled commencement date and time of the Experience: no cancellation fee.
From 24 and up to 72 hours prior to the scheduled commencement date and time of the Experience: 50% cancellation fee of the total cost of the Experience.
Less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled commencement date and time of the Experience, or in case of no-show: 100% cancellation fee of the total cost of the Experience.
- Multi-day Experiences
Until 14 days prior to the scheduled commencement date of the Experience: no cancellation fee.
From 7 and up to 13 days prior to the scheduled commencement date of the Experience: 50% cancellation fee of the total cost of the Experience.
Less than 7 days period to the scheduled commencement date of the Experience, or in case of no-show: 100% cancellation fee of the total cost of the Experience.
c. Refunds will be returned within 30 days of the cancellation date, minus any transfer fees or credit card charges.
d. Should Greek TravelTellers need to cancel an Experience, any payments will be fully refunded.
e. Greek TravelTellers will not proceed to any refund except in accordance with this Return Policy or as agreed in writing by Greek TravelTellers.
In the event of cancellation of an Experience by the Participant, Greek TravelTellers may charge the Participant’s credit card with the amount of the cancellation fee (in accordance with the Return policy applicable to the particular reservation) without requiring the credit card holder’s approval or signature.
6. Participant’s Obligations and Responsibilities
- All Participants are required to disclose, at the time of booking, or in any case prior to the commencement of the Experience, whether the Participant suffers from any medical condition which may prevent the Participant from undertaking the Experience, including but not limited to epilepsy, dizziness, limb or back injury, angina or other heart condition, food allergy, dietary requirements or restrictions, severe or uncontrolled asthma, visual impairment, depression or recovering from recent surgery. Given the nature of our Experiences, we are not in the position to guarantee that all nutritional requirements will be met; however, we will make every reasonable effort to meet your needs. Furthermore, Greek TravelTellers may require Participants in some of the Experiences to agree to, complete and sign the appropriate release of liability agreement prior to the commencement of the Experience. Failure to agree to, complete and sign the release of liability agreement will constitute the Participants’ reservation’s cancellation without refund or possibility of rebooking another date with the same ticket.
- Participants acknowledge and agree that they participate in the Experience at their own risk.
- We do not include personal insurance with our Experiences. Greek TravelTellers recommends that Participants purchase individually their own travel insurance (or ask their travel agent). Greek TravelTellers will not be held liable for services provided by third parties.
- All Participants to an Experience must hold a valid ticket, voucher or confirmation letter. Entry and participation may be refused if tickets, vouchers or confirmation letters are damaged or defaced in any way or not purchased from an authorised reseller.
- For the duration of the Experiences, Participants are required to have and make available upon request to Greek TravelTellers’ guides, employees or representatives or to any third person their national identity card (ID), passport or other official public identification document. Identification documents for underage persons must explicitly state their date of birth.
- For the duration of the Experiences, Participants are required to behave in a socially acceptable manner and be understanding towards other Participants as well as other operators participating in the organisation of the Experiences. In particular, for the duration of the Experience, Participants are required to be extremely careful with the objects exhibited and other objects to be found in the sites visited as well as respect and fully comply with the specific requirements applicable thereto.
- Participants are required to fully respect the Experience itinerary and the instructions of Greek TravelTellers’ guides, employees or representatives and to arrive on time at the meeting places for the various itinerary services to be carried out (tours, trips, guided visits, excursions, meals, etc.).
- Participants should be at the meeting points at least 10 minutes before departure. We particularly draw the attention of Participants from other regions and countries to check beforehand how to reach the meeting place so as not to be affected by any delays and/or strikes of the local transport means.
- Participants shall be responsible for the actions of underage persons they accompany and they shall supervise them continuously during the entire Experience as to their safety and behaviour.
- Participants are required to fully compensate the Greek TravelTellers for any damage (positive or negative damage, including any loss of profits) sustained by the Greek TravelTellers due to their acts or omissions with regard to any Experience.
7. Greek TravelTellers’ right to refuse participation
Greek TravelTellers reserves the right to refuse any person from participation in the Experience, for whatever reason, in our absolute discretion, whether or not they have previously purchased a ticket. A person will be reimbursed for tickets previously purchased should they be refused permission to participate on grounds other than those set our above.
8. Accessibility and Safety
It should be noted that local conditions in Greece may differ from those that exist in the rest of Europe or the U.S.A. The state and condition of some streets may present accessibility difficulties. Access for persons with special needs is not guaranteed. Public areas may not be accessible to persons with special needs. Participation in our Experiences may require a minimum physical condition, such that you are in the position to walk uphill or climb stairs. Kindly inform us if you have a medical or physical limitation or are undergoing medical treatment. All Participants are required to disclose, at the time of booking, any disability or special need they may have. In case they do not disclose such information, it is not Greek TravelTellers’ fault if they face accessibility difficulties or they are denied access during the Experience and a refund will not be possible.
GreekTravelTellers will not be liable for the personal safety of participants, or for the safety of personal items, nor for unforeseen events and incidents that Greek TravelTellers cannot control, prevent or avoid, including but not limited to accidents, thefts and illnesses during the Experience. Each Participant shall be fully responsible for their personal health, medical needs and safety.
We advise you to check your insurance contract in order to determine whether you are covered and to clarify what your travel insurance covers in the case of trips abroad. For their own safety, all Participants must follow the directions and instructions of the Experience guide, must not disturb other Participants or interfere with the Experience guide’s ability to conduct the Experience in a safe manner.
It should be noted that, particularly in archaeological sites, Participants will be exposed to the sun. Therefore, we suggest that you wear appropriate clothes, i.e. comfortable clothes, a hat and sunscreen, as well as sturdy shoes.
9. Insurance Policy and Personal Insurance
Greek TravelTellers has concluded a group insurance policy for professional third-party liability, covering Bodily Injuries, Material Damage, Court Expenses and similar expenses which may incur to the Participants during the Experiences organised by the insured and which were caused by negligent acts or omissions of the insured, according to the terms and conditions of our insurance policy. The insurance policy also covers insolvency and bankruptcy as well as the obligation to refund any amounts paid by Participants in such case. The insurance company is AXA Insurance Company and the insurance policy number is 2443322/1. A copy of the insurance policy may be handed to the Participant upon request.
Greek TravelTellers is not responsible or liable for loss, damage or theft of luggage or personal belongings, illness, disappointments or frustrations while on tour, nor is Greek TravelTellers responsible for any type of trip interruption due to weather and other unforeseen circumstances. To avoid charges for cancellation due to covered reasons, we highly recommend the purchase of comprehensive trip insurance.
Since coverage offered by group insurance policies is marginal, specific and limited, Greek TravelTellers unconditionally suggests to those wishing to conclude an insurance policy for larger amounts, for risks of loss of life, sickness, accident, and loss or destruction of luggage and other valuables not covered by the group insurance policy, to conclude an individual insurance policy for any amount they consider appropriate.
10. Photographs taken during the Experiences
Participants acknowledge and agree that Greek TravelTellers is expressly authorised to take photographs of them during the Experiences and utilise such photographs for the purpose of advertising Greek TravelTellers, including but not limited to being displayed on Greek TravelTellers’ Website, Facebook page and/or Instagram account.
Photographs remain copyright of Greek TravelTellers and may only be used or reproduced by Participants for private or domestic purposes and must not be used for any commercial purpose, including promotion of any supplier or any supplier’s products or services, without Greek TravelTellers’ written permission.
11. Booking and Terms of Payment
- Upon making a payment and purchasing an Experience, in any manner whatsoever, the Participant shall be deemed to have unconditionally accepted the Terms & Conditions as well as any specific terms of each Experience as provided on the Website and/or the Experience’s itinerary.
- When you make a booking, you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and that you accept these Terms & Conditions on your behalf and on behalf of all members of your group. If you are making a booking for more than one person, you acknowledge and accept that you are responsible for all payments due from each and every person for whom you are making a booking. Any information which we give to you shall be deemed as given to each and every person for whom you are making or have made a booking. In any event, the Participant contracting with Greek TravelTellers is required to inform their family members, or the group of persons they represent, about the details of the Experience and about these Terms & Conditions. Persons participating through third parties have the same obligations as the representative who registered them for the Experience, while Greek TravelTellers shall make available to them any relevant information, upon request.
- Participants are responsible for providing accurate information during the booking process. Greek TravelTellers confirms the booking only after the full payment of the agreed amount has been made. Accepted methods of payment are PayPal, Credit Card or Bank Transfer. The Experience is not considered confirmed until it has been paid for in its entirety.
- Upon successful completion of payment, customers will receive confirmation and voucher via email. This document must be saved as proof of purchase and be presented on the day of the Experience. Greek TravelTellers reserves the right to refuse service to any customer without a voucher or letter of confirmation.
- Customers are advised to check the details of the booking and should notify immediately Greek TravelTellers in case of any errors. Greek TravelTellers reserves the right to charge a booking fee on the purchase of tickets and an administrative fee should tickets purchased be changed to another date or time.
Participants should adhere to the starting time and meeting point of the Experience as indicated on their voucher or email confirmation. If a Participant is late, Greek TravelTellers will consider this a no-show, their participation to the Experience will be cancelled and no refund will be provided. It is recommended that Participants arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the Experience.
13. Greek TravelTellers’ Obligations - Limitation of Liability
By virtue of purchasing tickets for and/or participating in any of the Experiences, and in consideration of being allowed to purchase said tickets, and for other goods and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, said purchaser/Experience participant (if not yet 18 years old, their parents or legal guardian) (the “Participant”) understands, acknowledges, represents, warrants and agrees as follows, with the knowledge that Greek TravelTellers will rely on same:
- Participant desires to participate in the Experiences offered by the Greek TravelTellers.
- Participant is in good health and suffers from no minor or serious physical or mental injury, illness or disability that would make Participant especially susceptible to injury or disability while performing any activities related to or in connection with the Experiences.
- Participant fully comprehends and accepts each and every one of the risks associated with their participation in the Experiences including, without limitation, exposure to unfavourable weather conditions, food sickness, allergic reactions, choking, injuries (e.g. without limitation, those arising out of self-inflicted accidents or mishaps, other Participants, automobiles, pedestrians, bicyclists and the like) and death.
- Participant’s participation in the Experiences is at Participant’s own sole risk. Participant, on behalf of themselves and/or any person or entity acting through or on behalf of Participant, hereby forever and unconditionally releases Greek TravelTellers, its affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, officers, employees, agents and insurers (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Released Parties”), from any and all claims, actions, damages, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, attorney’s fees) in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Participant’s participation in the Experiences, including, without limitation, any and all claims, actions, and liabilities for death, injury, loss or damage to Participant, to anyone else, or to any property, regardless of whether or not such injury, loss or damage was caused by the negligence or willful conduct of the company or any of the Release Parties. Participant’s release includes, but is not limited to, harm that may be attributable to, or in any way arise from, Participant’s own conduct, behaviour or history of pre-existing conditions or dispositions. Participant also agrees that Participant is financially responsible for any and all medical treatment required as a result of any such harm. Participant, on behalf of themselves and/or any person or entity acting through or on behalf of Participant, further agrees to defend and indemnify the Released Parties, and to hold the Released Parties harmless, from any and all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, expenses (including, without limitation attorney’s fees) and losses of any kind or nature whatsoever in any way arising out of, or resulting from, Participant’s participation in the Experiences.
- Participant agrees to pay any and all costs, fees, expenses and charges arising from any act or conduct of Participant that results in damage or injury to any person. Participant further agrees to indemnify and hold Greek TravelTellers harmless from and against any such act or conduct.
- None of the provisions of this Waiver and Release of Claims can be waived or modified except expressly in writing signed by Participant and the party against whom the waiver or modification is sought to be enforced. Failure of any of the Release Parties to enforce any of their rights hereunder at any time shall not act as a waiver to enforce their rights under this Waiver and Release for the same or similar acts at any subsequent time.
- To organise the Experiences, Greek TravelTellers will use third parties that it does not directly control or supervise. Greek TravelTellers does not own the transport means to be used and may not be held liable, in any manner whatsoever, for the operation of third party transport means.
- Greek TravelTellers does not, and cannot, exercise direct control over third parties and it cannot, therefore, be held liable for any wrongdoings and omissions by any third parties unrelated to the provision of the services, and any collaborators thereof, as well as for any emergencies such as cancellations, delays or changes in the itineraries of various transport means (airplanes, boats, buses, trains, etc.) due to an embargo of certain areas because of terrorist acts, strikes or other causes.
- It should be noted that Greek TravelTellers is not in a position to foresee or influence situations which are beyond its control and which may result in cancellation of any Experience or of specific services, activities and visits, included therein, or in damage due to the non-performance or the incomplete performance of the agreed services referred to in the Experiences. Such cases may include, for example: strikes, accidents, diseases, epidemics, earthquakes, weather conditions, fires, toxic pollution or any other emergency or force majeure situation. In the above cases, Greek TravelTellers shall use its best efforts to ensure the continuation and completion of the Experience, without, however, being held liable in any manner whatsoever and without bearing any costs, which will be borne by the Participants, as if they were faced with such emergencies on their own. Furthermore, in such cases, Greek TravelTellers may not be held liable to compensate any damage sustained by any Participant due to the above causes. Greek TravelTellers shall use its best efforts to assist the Participants in any manner whatsoever, but this does not make Greek TravelTellers liable or responsible for covering any relevant extra costs, which shall be covered, as in the cases of force majeure, by the Participants themselves.
14. Revision of the Terms and Conditions Statement
Greek TravelTellers reserves the right to modify or periodically revise the Terms & Conditions in its sole discretion. If changes occur, Greek TravelTellers will record the date of modification or revision in this Statement and the updated Terms & Conditions will apply for Participants from that date on. This Statement was last updated on March 28th, 2019.
15. Content Ownership
‘Greek TravelTellers’ is a registered trademark with the Greek national trademark office, decision No: 6047 / 03-12-2018. As such, ‘Greek TravelTellers’ is protected under intellectual property laws and Greek TravelTellers has the exclusive right to use the mark.
Greek TravelTellers shall retain all worldwide rights in the intellectual property of the Website and any content on the Website, including, but not limited to, the artwork, “look and feel” of the Website, its colour combinations, layout, and all other graphical elements, photographs, videos, sounds, visual interfaces, design, logos, trademarks, services marks, content, compilation, source code or HTML code, products, software, and other material contained or presented on the Website, and any combination thereof (“Material”, or “materials”). The Material is copyrighted or otherwise protected and owned by Greek TravelTellers, or a third party who licensed the right to use to Greek TravelTellers, and as such is protected by Greek and foreign copyright, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, and other intellectual property laws and other applicable laws worldwide. Except where your use constitutes “fair use” under copyright law, you may not otherwise use, download, upload, copy, print, display, perform for commercial use, modify, reproduce, publish, republish, license, post, transmit or distribute any Material on the Website in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Greek TravelTellers. Greek TravelTellers, its affiliates, business partners and/or licensors own all right, title and interest, including all copyright, trademark, trade secrets, patent, and other intellectual property rights in such Material.
16. Settlement of Disputes / Applicable Law
An attempt shall be made to amicably settle any dispute that may arise relating, or with respect, to the interpretation or the terms and conditions of these Terms & Conditions as well as any other issue arising from participation in the Experiences. The contact and relationship between the Greek TravelTellers and the Participant shall be governed by the Hellenic Republic Laws. Where amicable settlement of the dispute is not possible, the courts of Athens shall be competent for settling it and by using this Website and our services, you hereby submit to the jurisdiction of such courts for such purposes and waive any and all objections as to jurisdiction or venue in such courts.