Greek mythology workshop in Athens for families with kids
Workshop for Kids in Athens
We have prepared for you a unique family activity in Athens where the kids will become heroes of Greek Mythology! Our journey takes place inside the National Gardens of Athens, an oasis in the center of the city! Aligning ourselves with the rhythm of nature, we will explore fascinating myths and stories of ancient Greece and learn to love nature and connect with her spirits! The powerful Olympian Gods, the mighty Titans and the enchanting Nymphs will all come to life before our eyes and we will become part of their adventures. This is the best way for your children to get to know Greek Mythology and culture in a fun and familiar way!
HIGHLIGHTS WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT PRACTICAL INFO
- "My 3 kids loved this family activity in Athens and named it the best time they had during our time in Greece. Me and my husband couldn't stop laughing and we were taking photos all the time. Highly recommend it if you are looking for things to do in Athens with kids!"
- Emma L, Boston
- "This was a fantastic experience! Especially for my kids. Eleni was amazing! She enchanted the children and didn't have to worry about them for a couple of hours. The activities were a lot of fun, engaging and educational. The National Gardens of Athens is a beautiful place to explore and my children loved it! All in all, it was a wonderful experience that I would not change. Thank you Greek TravelTellers for this!"
- “I cannot recommend this activity enough to families visiting Athens! My kids loved every moment in the National Gardens! The stories, the myths, the games... it was the highlight of our trip to Greece for them and probably for us as well.”
- “I had no idea there was such a beautiful place right in the centre of Athens. Eleni took me and my family into a unique journey to the world of Greek Mythology. Honestly, I think I loved it even more than my kids :)”
2. What you can expect
Join us on a mythical journey deep into time, when Gods were walking amongst humans. During this magical family activity in Athens, our little heroes will discover Greek Mythology and its connection to nature and life! Stories will be heard of ancient Gods and mighty Titans, of godly love and godly betrayal. Led by our children expert, who specializes in making Greek culture accessible and fun for kids, our journey will take place at the National Gardens of Athens! There, we will follow the path of the Nymphs, beautiful and divine ancient nature spirits! We will learn of the thrilling stories that each Nymph has to say through games and interactive narrative that will captivate the imagination of your children!
The symbolic birth of Goddess Athena from Zeus’ forehead and the thrilling Titanomachy will be explored through theatrical play, where everyone gets a role! Next comes the exciting contest of Athena and Poseidon over Athens and how the Athenians chose the Goddess of Wisdom over the God of the Seas as their patron. Will the kids be able to discover the holy tree of Athena within the Garden? In the end, the children will have the opportunity to create a special souvenir they can keep, to remind them of the beautiful adventure they had in Athens exploring the captivating world of Greek Mythology. And if they are lucky… they may also get a secret letter from Goddess Athena herself :)
3. Practical Info
||English, Ελληνικά, Sign language (upon request)
||April - October, 9:00 am
(Flexible start time)
||Starting from 180 euro
|Good to know:
- This is a private family activity
- Designed for children aged between 6-12 years old
- Parents must always be within reach of their children
- Parents will also love the stories!
- Services of our theatre professional trained in child education
- All materials necessary for the realization of the activities during this family workshop
- All taxes
- Any food or drinks during the activity
- Gratuities (optional)
The meeting point for this Athens family activity is the Syntagma Metro station. Detailed meeting information will be sent to you upon booking.