- "Very interesting and informative experience! Our tour guide, Gina, was wonderful and very knowledgeable about Greek history, culture, and architecture. We enjoyed the tour so much and would highly recommend this to anybody!"
- Cooper J, TripAdvisor
- "We booked a 6 hour private history and food tour and we had a wonderful experience! It was like being shown around Athens by a friend. We loved how our guide shared history, mythology, philosophy, and current cultural insight. The food was excellent. Highly recommend for a professional but fun tour."
- Samantha H, TripAdvisor
- "If you are looking for a unique and personalized experience/tour in Athens make sure you book with Greek TravelTellers! I went on 3 different tours with them and all were so different, informative and the tour guides were exceptional. They did an amazing job providing facts and information about Greece and Athens that only a local would know. I will be recommending them to everyone I know!"
- Alexandria D, TripAdvisor
2. What you can expect
This private, guided walking tour of the highlights of Athens offers you a unique opportunity to discover the best cultural sites of the city in a short time while spending time with a local.
Walk where great men of the past walked and lived, like Pericles and Socrates, and get to know their true greatness at the place they achieved it. Your expert guide will share with you rich information about the monuments and Athens, and also offer you insights and fun facts.
History, mythology, archaeology... whatever approach you like best, your storyteller guide will focus on your interest. This is not just a tour - this is a shared, cultural experience aiming to offer you unique memories and a deeper understanding of Greek culture.
Landmarks and places of interest
- Acropolis Hill (Parthenon, Erechtheion, Propylaea, Temple of Athena Nike)
- Odeon of Herodes Atticus, Ancient Theatre of Dionysus
- Temple of Olympian Zeus, Arch of Hadrian
- Rock of Areopagus (Areopagus Hill)
- Roman Agora, Gate of Athena Archigetis, Tower of Winds
- Ancient Agora and Temple of Hephaestus
- Choragic Monument of Lysicrates
- Plaka, Monastiraki
- Dionysiou Areopagitou Street
Optional: Add another 2 hours for an experiential private tour of the Acropolis Museum to get a more complete understanding of the grandeur and importance of the Acropolis.